SharpSpring is seeking talented Senior Backend Software Engineers to join our development team in Gainesville, FL. Our team is a group of dedicated individuals working to provide the best service possible to our customers using the most innovative solutions. SharpSpring provides excellent benefits and an engaging workplace with talented, friendly coworkers.
This position will give you the chance to work with the latest technologies and come up with creative solutions to problems across a wide range of projects. Ownership of product modules is encouraged, and as a member of our team, your contributions will have a positive impact on thousands of customers spanning the globe. We work in an agile environment where input from every developer is welcomed and everyone’s voice is heard. The primary focus of this position will be on backend APIs, libraries, databases, object-oriented design, and working in tandem with frontend engineers.
- Develop new features and fix issues in PHP 5.6+
- Make backend APIs, libraries, and practice object-oriented design
- Design, develop, commit to version control (git), and take ownership of core features of the service
- Work on interesting data problems and product scalability
- Identify architectural improvements, plan zero-downtime maintenance
We are looking for someone that has a good grasp on writing PHP code (around 6+ years of experience). This person should be an effective communicator, capable of making technical decisions, and have great technical problem solving skills. A solid understanding of relational databases (MySQL) and the ability to write efficient queries is expected. Our engineers tend to be passionate about new technology, have a high attention to detail, and generally just enjoy writing code.
- Experience with Linux
- Git experience on a large team or open-source projects
- Deep knowledge of PHP, MySQL, and performance
- Knowledge about underlying protocols like TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.
- Experience working with MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch, Sphinx and/or Nginx